Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

FortiSIEM offline regsitration & content update

Hello

We have FortiSIEM 6.7.8 in a network that must be isolated from internet.

• Regarding licensing, how can we register in such case? (forget about temporary moving the VM in a network that has internet)
  • How can we do offline content update?
AEK
AEK
9 REPLIES 9
Stephen_G

Hello AEK,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Be aware that as we are in the holiday season, it may take longer than usual for you to see a reply.

Thanks,
Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
AEK

Thanks Stephen and happy holiday to all

AEK
AEK
ebilcari

I'm not very familiar with FortiSIEM but did you check this guides Offline Upgrade Guide and Licensing Guide? It looks like they may have the answers for your questions.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
AEK

Thanks Emirjon.

Actually these guides are not exactly what is needed. I'm looking for offline registration and offline content update.

AEK
AEK
Stephen_G

Hello AEK,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP. Though as it is the holidays, this may take some time.

Regards,

Stephen_G

Hi AEK,

Does this help with your query about an offline update?: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortisiem/7.1.1/offline-upgrade-guide/131018/offline-install-and-...

Additionally, you can contact sales@fortinet.com about licensing questions: https://www.fortinet.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

I hope that helps. Let me know if you would like further assistance.

AEK

Hello Stephen

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately the document didn't help, since it is about offline install/upgrade, while I'm searching for offline registration and offline "content" update.

AEK
AEK
Stephen_G

Thanks for letting me know. I'll ask someone who may be able to help.

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello

Finally I've been informed by local Fortinet that offline registration is possible, however IOC & content update in air-gapped network is not implemented yet. Nevertheless he said a NFR is ongoing, but without having visibility on the release date.

In case Fortinet Community can get any info about release date and the related version I'd appreciate if you share.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors