Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
basem85
New Contributor II

FortiSIEM VM Local Virtual Disk Max size

Hi 

Actually, I want to create a Supervisor VM (all in one), and to allocate 2 TB of Data Disk (Local Virtual Disk), 2 TB is the max virtual disk size that VMware supports, I want to know, is there any issue from FortiSIEM side to accept this capacity ?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
RachelGomez123
Contributor

From a FortiSIEM perspective, there should not be any issue with accepting a 2 TB data disk on a Supervisor VM in a VMware environment. FortiSIEM is designed to handle large amounts of data and can scale based on the available resources.

However, it's important to ensure that your FortiSIEM deployment meets the necessary system requirements for the anticipated workload and data storage. Factors such as CPU, memory, and disk I/O performance should be considered to ensure optimal performance.

Additionally, you may want to consult the FortiSIEM documentation or contact Fortinet support for specific recommendations and best practices regarding storage capacity and performance optimization in your environment.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Basem,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
RachelGomez123
Contributor

From a FortiSIEM perspective, there should not be any issue with accepting a 2 TB data disk on a Supervisor VM in a VMware environment. FortiSIEM is designed to handle large amounts of data and can scale based on the available resources.

However, it's important to ensure that your FortiSIEM deployment meets the necessary system requirements for the anticipated workload and data storage. Factors such as CPU, memory, and disk I/O performance should be considered to ensure optimal performance.

Additionally, you may want to consult the FortiSIEM documentation or contact Fortinet support for specific recommendations and best practices regarding storage capacity and performance optimization in your environment.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

basem85

Actually, I've tried, somehow when deploy a VM with more than 512G we need more CPU and RAM to mitigate /data/sdx formatting failure this is my experiment so far 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors