Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
EEHC
Contributor

FortiSIEM Dashboard Widget settings

I use VMWare Dashboard to check availability for the ESXi and VMs. What affects the color of the displayed graph? As an example of ESXi uptime? Is it related to CPU and memory utilization or some other factors? In the settings for each widget display, some elements are not clear. Does "Result Limit" means the number of elements or lines? What is Nested Time and how does it affect?
How I rearrange the place of the displayed parameters on the dashboard?
How to restore the dashboard default settings??
EEHC
EEHC
1 Solution
premchanderr

Hi @EEHC .

What affects the color of the displayed graph?
- The colors are from generic standards green - normal, yellow - warning and red - critical
- These are defined by system and cannot be customized

As an example of ESXi uptime? Is it related to CPU and memory utilization or some other factors?
- This metric is received via performance monitoring (Event Type = PH_DEV_MON_SYS_UPTIME) . Usually via snmp, sdk protocol etc

Nested Queries Document Reference : https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/6-6-2/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Nested_queries.htm?Highlight=Nested

I see all queries are answered now. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Regards,
Prem Chander R

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello EEHC,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have found this document:

https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/5-2-5/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Dashboard-widget.htm

Could you please tell me if you are finding an answer inside?

Regards,

EEHC
Contributor

Here are what I got:
In the settings for each widget display, some elements are not clear. Does "Result Limit" means the number of elements or lines?
>> There may be 100 results, but you can limit number of results to displayed on the widget which would generally mean number of lines to show.

What is Nested Time and how does it affect?
>> Nested Time would only effective in case nested query is in for dashboard widget as it is used for setting time for the inner query/report.

How do I rearrange the place of the displayed parameters on the dashboard?
>> Just click on the top side of a widget and drag to re-arrange it's place

HOW TO RESTORE THE DASHBOARD DEFAULT SETTINGS?
>> There is no way to restore back to default dashboard setting. However, you can always export the dashboard (by clicking on down arrow button from top right corner of dashboard) before making any modification so that in case you want to restore, import
(click up arrow button) the exported file to restore the settings.

EEHC
EEHC
premchanderr

Hi @EEHC .

What affects the color of the displayed graph?
- The colors are from generic standards green - normal, yellow - warning and red - critical
- These are defined by system and cannot be customized

As an example of ESXi uptime? Is it related to CPU and memory utilization or some other factors?
- This metric is received via performance monitoring (Event Type = PH_DEV_MON_SYS_UPTIME) . Usually via snmp, sdk protocol etc

Nested Queries Document Reference : https://help.fortinet.com/fsiem/6-6-2/Online-Help/HTML5_Help/Nested_queries.htm?Highlight=Nested

I see all queries are answered now. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Regards,
Prem Chander R
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello EEHC,

Thanks for you reply.

I will find a FortiSIEM expert for replying to these questions.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello EEHC,

I am still looking an answer for your question.

I will come back to you ASAP.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors