Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

FortiRecorder anybody?

I' m trying to find out if anybody ever use this and what type of ip-cameras? I have a few inquiries into my sale teams , but so far nada/nothing on the recorder and camera for site security

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
Dirk_Ehlers
New Contributor

I think that only these two models are supported: http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/productdatasheets/FortiCam-MB13.pdf
neonbit
Valued Contributor

I' ve tested it out in my lab with one of the MB13 cameras. I' ve never configured a camera security system before and I have to admit that it was surprisingly easy to get it all up and running. The camera was in the same broadcast domain so the recorder found it easily. The interface is very Fortinet (unlike the ADCs) so everything is where you' d expect it to be. Also there' s a cool Android app that lets you view the video from your phone :) We' re going to be installing about 32 of these cameras for a client who purchased them in a month or so. Fingers crossed it works the same on one camera as it does on 32!
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Do keep us posted. I have a client that' s been FortiRized with the fortinet products so I was thinking of deploying the fortinet solution when I seen they had a DVR solution. We ended up going with the proven TrendNet with ip cameras. I couldn' t find one review nor anybody that has used the Fortinet solution.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors