Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pinaldeni
New Contributor

FortiPortal and RADIUS

How can I be the only person to attempt to setup RADIUS IN THE FortiPortal to only find out that it only supports unencrypted PAP, confirmed with the devs... This is not a brand new product.. and I get it that it's kind of a niche product... But your a security company that is using an off the shelf library to implement an authentication standard that has been around since the late 80's?!? Rant over.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @pinaldeni , 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

heng
Staff
Staff

The portal login not only provides PAP, but there is CHAP option which provides better security than PAP that you can opt for. If you have other authentication protocol to fulfil over your network governance, you can always raise a new feature request for us to review. Thanks. 

fyheng_0-1654579333598.png

NSE8
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi pinaldeni,

"supports unencrypted PAP" is not completely true. User-Password at least IS (AFAIK) 'encrypted' lightly with pre-shared secret between RADIUS server and NAS (RADIUS client - FortiPortal in this case).

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors