Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ozzonation
New Contributor

FortiOS7.0.11 Device Type

Hello,

Recently I've upgraded Fortinet 80E firmware FortiOS6.0.9 to 7.0.11

in previous version of FortiOS i could select all mobile devices in policy. in FortiOS 7.0.11 I couldn't find that selection. 

Some says there is no such selection any more. Is there anyway to add all mobile devices on policy?

And my second question is: some of our devices seems wrong. for example my windows os computer shown as android. and i can not change it. how can i change it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
msanjaypadma
Staff
Staff

Hi Ozzonation,

As I have understand that you are looking for android and IOS devices detection policy.

In FortiOS v6.0.x, the device detection feature contains Device-based policies – Device type/category and detected devices/device groups can be defined as custom devices, and then used in device-based policies.

However after FortiOS v6.2, these functionalities have changed.

Mac-address-based policies – A new address type is introduced (Mac Address Range), which can be used in regular policies. The previous device policy feature can be achieved by manually defining MAC addresses, and then adding them to regular policy table after 6.2. For more information, see MAC Addressed-Based Policies in the FortiOS 6.2.0 New Features Guide.

You can  detect devices , using there mac address.

Reference links:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.3/fortios-release-notes/198042/device-detection-cha...
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/new-features/485133/mac-addressed-based-policies

Mayur Padma
Ozzonation

Hi @msanjaypadma,

I'm sorry for late answer. I'll look after those docs.

And my second question is: some of our devices seems wrong. for example my windows os computer shown as android. and i can not change it. how can i change it?

Thanks

msanjaypadma

Hi @Ozzonation ,

Can you share some snapshot?

Mayur Padma
Ozzonation

Hello @msanjaypadma 

For example this device is Windows10Pro. In snapshot there is 3 more computers which runs Windows10Pro also. Screenshot_2.png

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors