Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
storaid
Contributor

FortiOS v5.2.4 is out(Unstable GUI, Bad SSLVPN)....

a little disappointed..

no enhancements..

it's just a bugs fixed release....

[size="5"]definitely 1 of terrible f/w for FOS...[/size]

UNSTABLE GUI

[size="6"]ANNOYING SSL VPN problem..............[/size]

[size="3"]fortinet, I think you must quickly push out next fixed release or give some explains.........[/size]

201508020844, CSB-150730-1-Partial-Config-Loss

FortiGate models listed below may lose configuration pertaining to IPsec interface, virtual access point interface, loopback interface, or virtual-switch interface after a reboot when the FortiGate is deployed with FortiOS 5.2.4 with build number 0688 and time 150722.

FGT20C3X12000161 # get sys stat

Version: FortiGate-20C v5.2.4,build0688,150722 (GA)

Potentially Affected Products:

FortiGate: FG-20C, FG-20C-ADSL, FG-30D, FG-30D-PoE, FG-40C

FortiWiFi: FW-20C, FW-20C-ADSL, FW-30D, FW-30D-PoE, FW-40C

Resolution:

FortiOS 5.2.4 software images for the models above have been rebuilt and re-posted on the customer support web site with build number 0688 and time 150730.

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
2 Solutions
seadave
Contributor III

Why does this keep happening?  Fortinet makes such great hardware, but they have seriously burned some of us with bad firmware releases.  I'm a constant Fortinet advocate, but this kind of crap demonstrates a lack of QC and concern for the customer environment.  These type of issues should definitely be exposed by a good QC system and if the firmware has the potential to wipe a config, for godness sakes it should not be released.  Those of us who are long time Fortinet customers have learned to be wary of new releases and to always reboot the appliance, take a back up, and wait for others to expose the bugs, but it doesn't need to be that way with the right internal controls at Fortinet.  Pick up the slack guys.  You make a great product but you are tripping over your own feet when you release builds like this.

View solution in original post

GusTech

dfollis wrote:

Why does this keep happening?  Fortinet makes such great hardware, but they have seriously burned some of us with bad firmware releases.  I'm a constant Fortinet advocate, but this kind of **** demonstrates a lack of QC and concern for the customer environment.  These type of issues should definitely be exposed by a good QC system and if the firmware has the potential to wipe a config, for godness sakes it should not be released.  Those of us who are long time Fortinet customers have learned to be wary of new releases and to always reboot the appliance, take a back up, and wait for others to expose the bugs, but it doesn't need to be that way with the right internal controls at Fortinet.  Pick up the slack guys.  You make a great product but you are tripping over your own feet when you release builds like this.

Completely agree!! And this is NOT the first time this happens........

Fortigate <3

View solution in original post

Fortigate <3
111 REPLIES 111
ilucas
New Contributor

We have a 200B cluster we are scheduling an upgrade for. We currently have the same SSLVPN issue on 5.2.3 and were hoping for a resolution. :(

Did you run into any other specific problems with the 200B's on this?

romanr wrote:

OndrejD wrote:

So 5.2.x barely usable for critical production (perhaps for brave people). I used to be brave, but I'm not anymore.

5.0.x oficially End of Support.

Hey,

hard for me to follow this discussion here. As I really don't see that many major issues with FOS 5.2.4

We run at least 100 boxes ranging from 30D to 800C with every major plattform inbetween being used on 5.2.4 for different customers... So every major feature of the Gates is being used - Besides the Virtual WAN or Wan link load balancing features, which we never use!

As far as I remember, we only had a few of issues - which I do not classify as major software troubles (like):

- some earlier boxes have memory issues (just because they don'#t have enough memory for 5.2.4) - like 1st gen 80Cs

- SSLVPN Deamon gets stuck and is not recoverable, after 4-8 weeks of uptime on some 200Bs - reboot needed

- wccp enabled policy is being completely ignored after some weeks of uptime - only a reboot fixed this (happened exactly once)

And there are some annoying GUI glitches here and there, like getting Data from the wrong VDOM or rarely getting logged out without a reason - but that doesn't happen very often and it also does not have impact on production traffic...

----

FG 200B/30D/60D/80D/100D/200D/300D

FE 200D

---- FG 200B/30D/60D/80D/100D/200D/300D FE 200D
GusTech

p****oni wrote:

If you are Fortinet Partner, you can access the Bug list inside the portal...

yes, that list is not complete with all bugs..

This is the response I got when I asked on the progress of a bug I can not find in the list.

FortiOS v 5.2.5 should be available by end of this month, unless not postponed. The info of the bug is internal.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
khoo
New Contributor

The only problem I met after upgrade is 1 website unable to javascript and image while it can be view correctly when use handphone hot spot to connect.

rezendecs

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of problems with FGT100D (5.2.4). The problems are;

Lost web gui access

ssh doesn't response the commands

high cpu proccess, because antivirus and ipshelper process

dhcp issues

routing issues

Someone know about know bugs reletad by TAC with 5.2.4?

Regards, 

Claudio Rezende
Claudio Rezende
GusTech

We are aslo having issues with CPU regarding antivirus and ipshelper processes.. on *90D and other models.

Fortigate <3

Fortigate <3
pcraponi

If you are Fortinet Partner, you can access the Bug list inside the portal...

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Jan_Scholten

Really?

Can you give me a hint? I can't figure out where to look for known bugs in the partner portal.

Dipen
New Contributor III

Eagerly waiting for FortiOS 5.2.5 :( . My FortiCare contact is said that it was supposed to release in mid November...Now he is saying end of November.

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Jones
New Contributor

I have one WAN internet ;(

Lucascat
New Contributor III

Dipen wrote:

Eagerly waiting for FortiOS 5.2.5 :( . My FortiCare contact is said that it was supposed to release in mid November...Now he is saying end of November.

Hi, today is the 30.... :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors