Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mgoral
New Contributor

FortiOS upgrade

Hi, I have some problem with upgrading FG111C. I just upgrade from 4.0 MR3 patch 11 to 5.0.1 but I can' t upgrade to 5.0.9. On each release I had the information: pid=1 get sig=11 and it' s stoping... Where is the problem? Could you help me?
5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Firmware patch notes says 5.0.9 officially supports upgrading from 5.0.6 or higher; try upgrading to 5.0.6 before going to 5.0.9. (But going on your past post, I am guessing you are trying this.) If you are getting sig fault errors then it is possibly you may have a bad firmware image or corrupted boot disk or both. Perform a MD5 checksum on the downloaded image file against what is reported on the fortinet support site. If the boot disk is corrupted, you will likely need to reformat it via the boot menu then TFTP the image over to the Fortigate. Entire process is covered in the Install and Sytem Admin section of the FortiOS Handbook and else where. If you are still getting sig fault errors after formatting the boot disk then it looks like it' s time to open up a support or RMA ticket. Support will want you to run the HQIP diag test on the Fortigate and record the entire console session via Putty or some other terminal program.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
mgoral
New Contributor

Thank you for help. I just perform a MD5 checksum on the downloaded image file against what is reported on the fortinet support site and here everything looks fine. But about the boot disk. Is there chanse that he is corrupted only to some FortiOS firmware? I get the sig fault errors only from 5.0.2 through 5.0.7. 5.0.8 and 5.0.9 don' t get the fault but they start the system and suspend it, I see: System is starting... and for a long time nothing else happen.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Did you format the boot disk though? Did you run the HQIP? Edit: still having problems loading later 5.0.x firmware after the above -- open a support ticket and include the HQIP results in the ticket.

mgoral
New Contributor

Not yet. I could work on fortigate only in the evening, when production stops working. But I want to try this today, to know what is going wrong.
mgoral
New Contributor

Hi,

I only want to thank You for help.

Yesterday I format the boot disk, load the image and now everything is all right.

But first, I prepare the spare device if something did not go well.

Fortunately, it all worked out.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors