Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TIBarigui
New Contributor II

FortiOS and SHA256

Hello!

Has anyone found any documentation on Fortigate's documentation sying anithing about compatibilities between Fortigate and SHA256? We have a 240D Fortigate in 5.2.3 version.

With the deprecation of sha1 certificates, I'm now having problems with my Deep Inspection. Strange thing that even using an sha256 certificate, the Fortigate presents a sha1 certificate to the browser.

I opened a ticket with the support and they said FortiOs is compatible with sha256 since v5.2.6, bur I couldn't find any mention to that in documentation from 5.2.6 to 5.2.8.

Any hints?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
bommi
Contributor III

TIBarigui wrote:

Hello!

Has anyone found any documentation on Fortigate's documentation sying anithing about compatibilities between Fortigate and SHA256? We have a 240D Fortigate in 5.2.3 version.

With the deprecation of sha1 certificates, I'm now having problems with my Deep Inspection. Strange thing that even using an sha256 certificate, the Fortigate presents a sha1 certificate to the browser.

I opened a ticket with the support and they said FortiOs is compatible with sha256 since v5.2.6, bur I couldn't find any mention to that in documentation from 5.2.6 to 5.2.8.

Any hints?

Thanks

Hello!

at least with FortiOS 5.6 Beta2 my fortigate signs all certificates using sha256.

Regards

bommi

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors