Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fox
New Contributor

FortiOS-VM64 license

Hi ALL,

Are there trail license for FortiOS-VM64? How to apply it?

I have installed it in the VM, it didn't ask me to login any id at the begining. just showing License Status: Invalid.

6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @fox ,

I remember the FortiOS image is a subscription-based image. Because of this, this image has no trial. If you want to use Fortigate with a trial license. You can use the FGT_VM64 image, not FortiOS-VM64. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
fox
New Contributor

got it, thanks

rtichkule
Staff
Staff

Please download FGT_VM64 image and then once it boots up you will be prompted to provide a trial license, for this you can create a new account and get a trial license.

m3ds0
New Contributor III

I'm using the ESXi image on VMware workstation in my lab and there is no problem but in KVM it is generate wrong (invalid) serial number.

They say the empty can rattles the most!
ozkanaltas

Hello @m3ds0 ,

If you want to try FortiGate you need to use the name that starts with FGT_VM64_KVM image for KVM do not use the name that starts with FFW_VM64_KVM.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
m3ds0
New Contributor III

I'm using the correct image, but after booting process the appliance generates wrong serial number!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors