Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
andybarker
New Contributor II

FortiOS 7.4.2 Bug Causes IPsec VPN Tunnel Phase 2 Instability

I have had many site-to-site IPsec tunnels working fine for several years until I upgraded to FortiOS 7.4.2. Shortly afterward, my tunnels began dropping connections on random Phase 2 connections. I have had to bring down the phases or entire tunnel to get traffic flowing again many times. I opened a ticket with Fortinet and had three technicians working with me at various times but none found a solution.

I finally downgraded to 7.4.1 and all my problems went away. There is obviously a bug in 7.4.2 and I hope Fortinet finds and acknowledges it and fixes it for the next release.

72 REPLIES 72
Sandoval
New Contributor

Update 7.6.0 is available, has anyone updated it yet? In the documentation they reported that they resolved the bug.

IPsec VPN tunnel phase 2 instability after upgrading to 7.4.2 on the NP6xlite platform.

Hendrik
New Contributor

Cluster update to 7.6.0 last week - since then short interruption for all services (HTTP, SMTP, SSH,...) behind simple firewall rules. After reboot of one device - ha out of sync with problems in read only profiles.

Support Ticket note: 7.6 is a point zero release, which we do not recommend for production environments. I suggest considering a rollback to the previously working version.

After downgrade to 7.4.4 everything went back to "normal" - with the known issues :(

From my point of view 7.6.0 is unusable.

Kangming
Staff
Staff

Please try the latest 7.2.9GA and 7.4.4GA which should include this fix, bug id #950445, 7.0.16GA will include this bug in the next release, currently, 7.0.15GA still has the problem.

Thanks

Kangming

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors