Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
goftari
New Contributor

FortiOS 7.2.7 missing option to disable daylight saving time

I am trying to find a way to disable daylight saving time on the active timezone on FortiOS 7.2.7.

But apparently the option presented in the following posts is missing!
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-disable-daylight-saving-time-DST-fe...

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Retrieve-Daylight-Saving-Time-DST-start-an... 

Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

This command was removed since firmware version 7.2.1. The scope of this command was to correct the time in cases when time zone was missing and wasn't able to determine the DST.

The DST will be handled automatically, shown as "Observing":

ntp.PNG

Basically if the timezone is identified correctly there is no need to manually change the DST anymore.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
goftari

@ebilcariHi and thanks for your response. But the issue is that the device has not determined the time offset correctly. DST was removed from my timezone in the late 2022, but the firewall is still considering time offset schedules as planned before the change.

ebilcari

If the DST is wrongly calculated for your timezone please create a ticket with TAC support to get this fixed.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
amuda
Staff
Staff

Hi @goftari,

To force an update with the Fortiguard NTP server, you can use the command "#execute update-now". After running the command, check if the time is correct by using "#execute time".

Amerul
APAC TAC
goftari
New Contributor

Hi @amuda 

Thanks for you response, but as far as I know, NTP synchronization has nothing to do with the timezone changes! Tight now the device clock is in sync but one hour ahead as it is considering the DST changes

amuda

Hi @goftari ,

Please run these commands and share the output:

show system global | grep time

and

diagnose sys dayst-info

Amerul
APAC TAC
goftari
New Contributor

FG500-UP (global) # show system global | grep time
set admintimeout 480
set proxy-auth-timeout 5
set timezone 41
FG500-UP (global) # diagnose sys dayst-info
The current timezone '(GMT+3:30) Tehran' daylight saving time starts at Sun Mar 17 00:00:00 2024, ends at Tue Sep 17 01:00:00 2024

amuda

I did observe the same issue in my lab for version 7.2.7 however upon upgrading to 7.4.3 this is the output of dayst-info

<hostname> # dia sys dayst-info
The current timezone '(<+0330>-3:30 Asia/Tehran)' doesn't have daylight saving time.

Amerul
APAC TAC
goftari
New Contributor

@amuda 
So there is no workaround to fix the issue on the currently running version of FortiOS i.e. 7.2.7?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors