Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bommi
Contributor III

FortiOS 6.4.1 is out

NSE 4/5/7
1 Solution
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Raudi wrote:

Yesterday i had a issue with 6.4.1 too, after 24 days in my homeoffice my internet access was gone, so i logged in to the 100E and the device shows "conserve mode".

I made a litte research and all the memory was used by "480" tasks with the name "node".

Now after a reboot the memory usage is going slowly straight up, so i think in a few days i must reboot the device again. At the moment i have 186 of the "node" tasks, and every few minutes i can count one more...

Thanks for the report. We are working on a fix for this issue for 6.4.2.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
thuynh_FTNT

owla wrote:

We had one more issue with 6.4.1 

All firewall policies with Flow-based Inspection mode had a warning signs, You can not use inspection mode with current settings. We didn't find the cause of that messages (probably there are new requirements for flow-based mode)

There are not messages in 6.4.2.

Can you provide a screenshot? In 6.4.1, we added warning message for mismatched feature between flow-based policy and proxy-based UTM profile. For example, if your policy is flow-based, but it uses a proxy-based UTM profile, then some proxy feature will not work, and we'll highlight them.

Raudi
New Contributor III

Yesterday i had a issue with 6.4.1 too, after 24 days in my homeoffice my internet access was gone, so i logged in to the 100E and the device shows "conserve mode".

I made a litte research and all the memory was used by "480" tasks with the name "node".

Now after a reboot the memory usage is going slowly straight up, so i think in a few days i must reboot the device again. At the moment i have 186 of the "node" tasks, and every few minutes i can count one more...

Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

Raudi wrote:

Thanks for the report. We are working on a fix for this issue for 6.4.2.

Raudi

Looks better now, after a few hours with 6.4.2 running sill only one "node" process.

SecurityPlus

Upgraded a FortiGate 60F from 6.0.10 to 6.2.4 to 6.4.2. After logging in to the firewall after the upgrade to 6.4.2 some of the GUI menus did not work properly. I was unable to open the CLI via the >_ icon near the top right of the firewall GUI.

Rebooted firewall and after the reboot a page appeared for the first time with a video about the menu differences found in 6.4. After closing this page the menu items that were not working initially after logging in to 6.4.2 now appear to work properly. I don't normally think of a reboot being beneficial on a FortiGate but in this case it appeared to help.

SecurityPlus

Upgraded a FortiGate 60F from 6.0.10 to 6.2.4 to 6.4.2. After logging in to the firewall after the upgrade to 6.4.2 some of the GUI menus did not work properly. I was unable to open the CLI via the >_ icon near the top right of the firewall GUI.

Rebooted firewall and after the reboot a page appeared for the first time with a video about the menu differences found in 6.4. After closing this page the menu items that were not working initially after logging in to 6.4.2 now appear to work properly. I don't normally think of a reboot being beneficial on a FortiGate but in this case it appeared to help.

JollyJohn
New Contributor

@bommi I'm running v6.4.1 build1637 (GA) on two 60E-DSL units. One has 2x 128POE switches, the other has 1x AP221. So far so good. Everything came up, though I elected to config from scratch. The GUI is nicer and more responsive. After about a week the only issue I've really hit is about not being able to create address objects - just doesn't work through the GUI. Tonight I'll try CLI and see if I can figure out what's happening. 

Tomorrow I'll be adding 3 more APs and on Monday we get about 60 users starting. Fingers crossed!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors