Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bommi
Contributor III

FortiOS 6.2.1 is out

NSE 4/5/7
13 REPLIES 13
sancho81
New Contributor II

After upgrade from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 I have issue with Windows share (SMB), file trasnfer are very very slow or failed.

browsing folders is ok, when I try to upload/download file ... it is slow or error

ping and other services are ok

someone is notice this?

attach image

bommi
Contributor III

sancho81 wrote:

After upgrade from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 I have issue with Windows share (SMB), file trasnfer are very very slow or failed.

browsing folders is ok, when I try to upload/download file ... it is slow or error

ping and other services are ok

someone is notice this?

attach image

Which UTM profiles are you using on this of traffic?

NSE 4/5/7

NSE 4/5/7
sancho81
New Contributor II

bommi wrote:

Which UTM profiles are you using on this of traffic?

NO UTM profiles, all is no inspection (for testing)

Policies all allow (for testing)

I confirm something is not working with 6.2.1 to me...

In my tests:

pc1----fg1_v_6.2.1 <----ipsec tunnel ---> fg2_v_6.2.1 --- pc2

windows sharing: from pc2 --> download a file from pc1 --> ok

windows sharing: from pc2 --> upload a file to pc1 --> error

partial downgrade:

pc1----fg1_v_6.2.0 <----ipsec tunnel ---> fg2_v_6.2.1 --- pc2

windows sharing: from pc2 --> upload a file to pc1 --> error

full downgrade:

pc1----fg1_v_6.2.0 <----ipsec tunnel ---> fg2_v_6.2.0 --- pc2

windows sharing: from pc2 --> upload a file to pc1 --> ok

----

With small files, no issue. I have problems with files > 13/15MB

---

Other issue examples:

pc3 -- fg3_v_6.2.0 <----ipsec tunnel ---> fg4_v_6.2.0 --- pc4

from pc3 -> \\pc4\share\ -> browsing is fast, then right click on a chrome installation file (.exe>25M) -> explorer freezed

from pc4 -> \\pc3\share\ -> download skype setup (>50M) -> ok (with a pause about at 80%, no packet loss pinging during this pause)

from pc4 -> \\pc3\share\ -> upload skype setup (>50M) -> error , at beginning ok, at 19% speed to 0kb and after sometime timeout error (also, no packet loss in ping).

Strange issue I opened a ticket with support hoping to solve,

brycemd

Looks like 6.2 in general got pulled from the support page

andrewbailey

brycemd,

The downloads are still available- just the link missing from the main page from what I can see.

Interesting spot though- be nice to know if it's planned or accidental?

Kind Regards,

Andy.

zaphod
New Contributor III

i hope this is not planned... updated mostly all of our fortigates to 6.2.1 (around 20)..

dfeifer
New Contributor II

We have a Fortigate 301E. Are 6.0 and 6.2 parallel branches? We are still running 6.0.4 and I am trying to figure out whether I should be looking at 6.2.1 or not.

Kenundrum

They are somewhat parallel branches but no where near as confusing as Cisco.

The major release 5.6.x, 6.0.x, 6.2.x denote primarily the features and functions available, the minor or patch# x.x.1, x.x.2 denote patches that fix bugs or vulnerabilities. For the most part. Sometimes a patch release will introduce new features, but that is becoming much more rare. All the patches are cumulative inside the major release- however you should consult the update guide especially if jumping more than 1 patch release.

Typically you want to stay on the major release that you are the most comfortable with and upgrade software when there is either a new feature that you need/want in a newer build or it goes end of life. Major releases typically make significant changes to functionality or behavior (for better or worse lately), interface changes, and sometimes introduce backwards compatibility issues. Usually they build on each other and better the functionality from the previous ones. Sometimes a feature gets dropped :-(. It has long been a trend to wait a few patch releases before jumping on board a new major release because of some show stopping bugs usually being found.

I'm sure a whole thread can be had (and there are probably a bunch already) on how to choose which firmware to run, but the short answer would be i wouldn't worry about 6.2.x for a while. If you're fine with 6.0.4 and continue on the 6.0.x line, it's got a lot of time left on the support clock.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
boneyard
Valued Contributor

hadn't noticed that 6.2 isn't on the front page anymore.

6.2.1 is affected by Customer Support Bulletin CSB-190819-1, so read that one before considering the upgrade.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors