Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tanr
Valued Contributor II

FortiOS 5.6.6 is out!

https://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortios-5.6.6-release-notes 

And on the fix list, just for Toshi:

435388 The parent physical interface cannot be in zone list when VLAN interface is added to zone.

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks tanr. We'd been waiting for this for long months. I'll first upgrade our office FG60Ex2 HA tomorrow as a guinea-pig then test it with some other models.

Toshi 

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

When I checked the upgrade path at the support page, it recommended 5.4.8->5.6.2->5.6.6, which I can't take for the obvious reason to avoid losing the zone members. Instead, I figured that if I go to 5.4.10 first, I can directly get to 5.6.6 from there. So that what I took tonight to upgrade two 60Es in a-p HA.

I saw one minor anomaly that when I was in 5.4.10 to 5.6.6 upgrade process, the master didn't seem to have seen the event notice over heartbeat for the slave unit's upgrade completion. So it kept waiting a while, more than a munute after the slave came back up and was operational. Eventually it timed out and said "moved to next state" and started upgrading itself.

Otherwise, everything seems to be fine so far.

Oh, by the way, the GUI showing the relation between the parent interface and vlan subinterfaces on it in the same zone looks funny. They don't seem to be able to clean GUI up in time when they fixed the problem. But it works so not a big deal.

Frosty

I updated my single FG200E from v5.6.2 to v5.6.6 a few days ago.  Touch wood, so far, so good.  No obvious problems.  We had been having issues with a runaway sslvpnd consuming 100% CPU, happening maybe every 2-4 weeks.  In the release notes this was referenced as being fixed.  Since upgrading it hasn't happened again, so maybe this is indeed fixed.  Did notice that the GUI was slightly changed.  When looking a IPv4 Policies, the columns seem to be even widths, instead of wider columns where there is more data.  That makes the GUI worse to use; I have to re-size columns constantly.  Nothing much else that I have noticed that is different.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors