Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Alby23
Contributor II

FortiOS 5.6.0 GA is Out

1 Solution
wcbenyip
New Contributor III

I just upgraded our box (200D, 100D, 80CM..) with the latest v5.6.0, and also upgraded the FA with the latest v5.4.2 (it needs to rebuild the DB for 2 days..) Everything seems good and the IPSec VPN, SSLVPN without any dropping after the upgrading.

I noticed that the "Threat Map" in v5.4.4 is gone once upgraded to v5.6.0... even it's somehow a gimmick, but it's nice if can keep in v5.6~

The Physical / Logical Topology is nice but I found it recognized the host in the wrong side... like an internal host located at the side of WAN1... I am not sure but I set the role as LAN for internal ports and the DMZ...

For the CSF (Cooperative Security Fabric).. seems I have to enable the FortiTelementry on interfaces and must to use OSPF rather than static routing.... still not yet fully experience the benefit / beauty of Security Fabric....

Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA

View solution in original post

Protect yourself~ http://www.secunia.com MBCS CEH FCNSA
23 REPLIES 23
SecurityPlus

I have not seen postings concerning FortiOS 5.6 in a while. Is it functioning well? What are the biggest improvements in 5.6 compared to 5.4.5. Any idea when 5.6.1 may be released?

FGTuser
New Contributor III

SecurityPlus wrote:

I have not seen postings concerning FortiOS 5.6 in a while. Is it functioning well? What are the biggest improvements in 5.6 compared to 5.4.5. Any idea when 5.6.1 may be released?

Surprisingly 5.6.0 works better than 5.4.4 on SoC3 boxes. Didn't try 5.4.5 on SoC3 though.

FGTuser
New Contributor III

slavko wrote:

Can you please confirm that FortiAnalyzer 5.4.2 is able to collect logs from FortiOS 5.6? There's no such info in the Release Notes and compatibility matrix.

Sharoness wrote:

It does not collect logs! You have to wait till the GA of Forti OS 5.6 for Analyzer

FAZ 5.4.3 does.

hemarsys
New Contributor

Any news when 5.6/5.6.1 comes for 200E/201E?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors