Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Baptiste
Contributor II

FortiOS 5.2.11 is Out

I won't be able to test it until next week

http://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3654/fortios-v5.2.11-release-notes.pdf

but I will  :

Resolved Issues

388594 FortiOS local admin password hashes could be obtained.

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
8 REPLIES 8
x_member
Contributor

We'll be looking to move to this (from v5.2.7) to resolve long standing issues with SSL deep inspection.

I can't see us scheduling the move before the latter part of May / early June due to planned staff absences but I'm keen to get any feedback available from anyone else who makes the jump ahead of us.

x_member

Other than https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=148640 I'm not seeing any feedback in this forum.

So is no news good news?

kwilley

seems okay after a week w/ 100D HA

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

We have  a pair of 3240C that are doing great.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
kallbrandt

Running on a few 800c and 600D. No issues as far as I know.

Richie

NSE7

Richie NSE7
YNOT
New Contributor

CodeMonkey wrote:

We'll be looking to move to this (from v5.2.7) to resolve long standing issues with SSL deep inspection.

What's long standing issues with SSL deep inspection in your case ? We using 5.2.7 and hits lot of odd issues at Web Filtering / SSL deep inspection too, can you share with us and advise if the cases can be fixed after v5.2.11 ?  Many thanks.

romanr
Valued Contributor

YNOT wrote:

What's long standing issues with SSL deep inspection in your case ? We using 5.2.7 and hits lot of odd issues at Web Filtering / SSL deep inspection too,

Hi,

we have also seen odd issues with deep inspection and 5.2.7 - but those were already mainly fixed since 5.2.8 as far as i remember. Didn't notice any troubles with 5.2.10 oder 5.2.11 in that area.

5.2.11 fixed some memory leaks for us since 5.2.10...

Br,Roman

x_member

YNOT wrote:

CodeMonkey wrote:

What's long standing issues with SSL deep inspection in your case ? We using 5.2.7 and hits lot of odd issues at Web Filtering / SSL deep inspection too, can you share with us and advise if the cases can be fixed after v5.2.11 ?  Many thanks.

SSL deep inspection has essentially been unstable and caused connectivity issues both outbound, and inbound. This has been most notable on a TLS 1.2 win2012r2 webserver we host.

All browsers would (at varying points) fail to connect, with Chrome /  IE giving ssl handshake errors and Firefox reporting SSL_ERROR_BAD_MAC_ALERT. The Fortigate crashlog would show a signal 11 fault with backtrace to the ipsengine.

Problems started in June 2016 with FortiOS 5.2.7 + IPSEngine 3.0167.

Initially this was diagnosed as Issue # 0372309 to be fixed with a patched IPSEngine v3.00284; this patch failed to fix the issue.

Subsequently we were provided with an IPSEngine 3.0301 patch; this patch also failed.

We declined to disable hardware acceleration which we were told was a workaround 

Subsequently a hotfix IPS Engine 3.0301 was provided to fix the issue; it did not fix it due to a dependency on FortiOS.

We were asked to disable hardware acceleration as a workaround but we continued to run with SSL inspection disabled and pushed for a proper fix that wouldn't impact performance.

The bug id that was provided was 0371254, which is apparently fixed in v5.2.9+, however we decided to wait for 5.2.11.

Currently our plan is to implement 5.2.11 on 11th June (barring any horror stories from the community here) and then begin a slow rollout of SSL inspection (both inbound and outbound). 

It's not been the greatest customer experience overall.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors