Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
simonpt
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.2.10 is out

1 Solution
kckong
New Contributor III

Selective wrote:

Who will go first ??? 

As a Expert Member, you should go first, we will follow

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
jim3cantos

Updated a 100D a week ago. Only issue detected is that SSL VPN standalone client version 4.0.2297 stopped working in windows XP clients (message "Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable (-5)" at 40%). We managed to solve the problem accessing via web mode with web plugin from version 4.0.2300. Still we haven't tried with the version indicated in the releases notes (4.4.2328).

José Ignacio Martín Jiménez
José Ignacio Martín Jiménez
boneyard

Selective wrote:

Only Fortimanager integration with FMG 5.2.9 gives us some minor troubles.

We also use FMG 5.2.9, can you explain what troubles you are experiencing ?

It is not supported*, 5.2.10 seems to only be supported by later 5.4.x FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer. this feels like a pretty weird choice by Fortinet.

*) http://docs.fortinet.com/d/fortimanager-compatibility

of a all the reactions no one is running FM or FA with their FGs?

Carl_Wallmark

According to that link FMG 5.2.9 supports FOS 5.2.10

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
boneyard

hehe, awesome, they updated it, but didn't check again before posting. ah well, that saves nagging our SE.

laf
New Contributor II

So, except updating Fortigate if FGM is running v5.4.1 what else should I do after updating the firewall?

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.

The most expensive and scarce resource for man is time, paradoxically, it' s infinite.
boneyard
Valued Contributor

what do you do when you upgrade other devices? you enjoy any new features and / or fixed bugs.

BarryM

The Fortiwifi FWF30D has serious problems with this latest 5.2.10 up. The problem is with the default 2.4Ghz Wifi. The unit will freeze up when clients connect. 5.2.8 seems to be stable. The default WTP profile is 11n-only.

config wireless-controller wtp-profile edit "11n-only" config platform set type 60C end set ap-country US config radio-1 set band 802.11n < default setting that crashes the unit. > set band 802.11n-5G < custom setting, unit works fine > end config radio-2 set mode disabled end next end

The 5Ghz radio setting works fine. The unit does not run dual band. It is either 2.4 or 5.

I don't know if this problem is with other Fortiwifi units.

rete
New Contributor

300c 2 nodes development cluster: no issues

80d single node no wifi: no issues

Going to update the main 600d 2 nodes cluster in a few days

Pathfinder
New Contributor III

Hi all

I had the same issue, when updating my WiFi30D from 5.2.8 to 5.2.9 some 4 or 5 month ago.

Got back to 5.2.8 that worked well, thinking, skipping 5.2.9 an wait for next update.

Poor idea, as i read now. didn't updated yet to 5.2.10.

I'll keep waiting for resolution within a future update. Don't want to loose wifi-comfort with cutting down wifi-functionality in CLI. Just writing here to keep in touch with news.

Regards

Pathfiner

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

BarryM wrote:

The Fortiwifi FWF30D has serious problems with this latest 5.2.10 up. The problem is with the default 2.4Ghz Wifi. The unit will freeze up when clients connect. 5.2.8 seems to be stable. The default WTP profile is 11n-only.

config wireless-controller wtp-profile edit "11n-only" config platform set type 60C end set ap-country US config radio-1 set band 802.11n < default setting that crashes the unit. > set band 802.11n-5G < custom setting, unit works fine > end config radio-2 set mode disabled end next end

The 5Ghz radio setting works fine. The unit does not run dual band. It is either 2.4 or 5.

I don't know if this problem is with other Fortiwifi units.

I have horrible experiences with any devices below the 60 series......(60C,D,E etc)

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors