Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
harald21
Contributor

FortiOS 5.0.8 is out

Finaly FortiOS 5.0.8 is out! Harald
9 REPLIES 9
pcraponi
Contributor II

six months and so few bugfix :(

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
ddskier
Contributor

Upgraded by development 200B. Seems to have gone smooth. The release notes talk about rebuilding the reports and the reports DB. It provides the two commands to run to accomplish this. However the " execute report recreate-db" command fails. Opened a ticket with fortinet about this, let see what they say. Also once again Fortinet has not posted the MSI file for the SSLVPN client. Thankfully you can extract the MSI out of the EXE, by running the EXE and grabbing the MSI file out of your temp folder before the install completes.

-DDSkier FCNSA, FCNSP FortiGate 400D, (2) 200D, (12) 100D, (2) 60D

TMX1
New Contributor

Umm where is the 5.0.8 for the FortiWifi 90D? I only see the firmware for FortiWifi 90D-POE
mhe
Contributor II

It seems to me that Fortinet changed the way FW Policies with authentication works. Now the URL of the Portal is not longer the URL the user used to connect but the IP of the Fortigate. Of course this leads to certificate Problems... martin
ddskier

I had a captive portal that asked the user to enter a username / password. It doesn' t seem to be working at all for me now. Did you ever figure out the issue?

mhe
Contributor II

Hi! I have an open ticket with Fortigate - the first answer was unusable. I will update this thread as soon as I' ve got news. martin
ddskier
Contributor

5.0.8/5.0.9 definitely broke captive portal on all of my 100Ds. Funny thing is that is continues to function on my 200Bs. Have a ticket opened with Fortinet and we are trying to figure out the issue.

Nihas
New Contributor

Hi , I have not tested 5.0.8 . But in 5.2 ,they have moved the option ( Captive portal) to interface. And if you don' t want to use the Captive portal in any of the policies. you can use " set captive-portal-exempt disable"
Nihas [\b]
Nihas [\b]
ddskier
Contributor

As it turns out the issue was my " Access Point Isolation" settings that I have on my Unifi Wifi Access points. The fortinet change to use Interface IP address cause the Wifi units to block it. As soon as I put an exception in, the captive portal started working again.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors