Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGTuser
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.0.6

5.0.6 is out share your experience please
64 REPLIES 64
TMX1
New Contributor

Good to know. I was trying directly as you mentioned. I will try and do the upgrade in sequence then. Thanks.
ede_pfau

see the document here http://docs.fortinet.com/d/supported-upgrade-paths-1 for up-to-date recommended upgrade paths. There is one for v5 and one for v4.3.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
TMX1

Yes, it worked perfectly this time.
Jan_Scholten

I tried some DLP on a 60C and i am clueless: I can not create a new FileFilter.. trying to add one results in a comment field only and a " Input not as expected." .. tested in different Browsers. Editing a filefilter on cli works. I can not select a specific sensor in the firewall policy, when editting a policy - i can only " on/off" a profile. No dropdown appears. I can select a specific profile when selecting from the policy column - then also a dropdown appears in the policy, when i edit. still i can' t create a new policy from the gui.. can select (for dlp) only default. any hints on that? Is this a " I am stupid" bug? is this a limitation of the 60C? is this a bug in FortiOS?
harald21

Hi, I upgraded last week several clusters directly from 4.3.15 => 5.0.6 Everything went smooth, no problems encountered. Cluster #1: FGT-40C Cluster #2: FGT-310B Cluster #3: FGT-300C Offcourse after the upgrade I had to verify/adjust the config. Sincerely Harald
abc987
New Contributor II

Hi harald21, can you tell us what you had to adjust exactly after the update?

FCNSP/WCSP

FCNSP/WCSP
netzfritze

Hey harald21, did you use vdoms on your fgt-40c cluster? My upgrade fails from 4.3.15 to 5.0.6 (steps between are over 5.0.4). I got some parse errors in the config-error-log after reboot on the slave. thx and kind regards
harald21

Hello, here are the most important changes I had to adjust: config system interface edit port1 disable capwap access (if applicable) next end config vpn ipsec phase1-interface edit " vpn" set npu-offload disabled next end protocol options are now split to “normal” options for unencrypted traffic and “secure” options for encrypted traffic Sincerely Harald
stpalme

Just upgraded our FG 110c from 4.0 Mr3 P15 to 5.0.6. Proxyworker process goes up to 99% cpu usage and no traffic goes through the unit anymore. This happens reproducible 10-15min after booting or restarting proxyworker. I had to revert to 4.3 therefore . Sincerely, Steffen
stpalme

Just upgraded our FG 110c from 4.0 Mr3 P15 to 5.0.6. Proxyworker process goes up to 99% cpu usage and no traffic goes through the unit anymore. This happens reproducible 10-15min after booting or restarting proxyworker. I had to revert to 4.3 therefore .
I just got an answer form Fortigate support regarding the proxyworker issue: " There is a known issue related to proxyworker in 5.0.6 it is already reported to developers and it will be fixed in some of the new releases. " Steffen
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors