Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGTuser
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.0.6

5.0.6 is out share your experience please
64 REPLIES 64
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

The session monitor is a very IMPORTANT feature !
Indeed it is, and it was not removed in 5.0. You can add it to your dashboard by adding a " Top Sessions" widget, and changing " Report By" to " All" .
HA

OK I missed that point ! Thanks for your help. Regards, HA
AKrause

The " Top Session" - Widget is a workaround. But it is a drawback to the full-screen session monitor. The widget is limit in size and needs to be reconfigured. Both items - the Top Session Widget AND the session monitor are helpful for daily admin work. According to the latest " FortiGate Cookbook 5.0.6 (Expanded Version)" : Go to Policy > Monitor > Session Monitor to view the sessions being processed by the FortiGate unit. Maybe it was removed inadvertently...
abc987
New Contributor II

@all as we all know FOS 4.3 is only supported until 2014-03-19 (except devices which don' t support FOS 5)(experiences with TAC: they just yet only advice to update, no serious troubleshooting process) is there anybody with a complete list of experiences with updating to FOS 5, a complete list of bugs in 5.0.6, a complete list of lost features in FOS 5 @FORTINET please give us a complete list of features we have to reconfigure after update (like webfilter 4.2->4.3) or lost in FOS 5

FCNSP/WCSP

FCNSP/WCSP
Coldfirex

I think its horrible they are ending *support* for the 4.3 line already. I have seen quite a few failed v5 upgrades and I know there are a still a ton of bugs left in v5.0.6 to fixup.
ede_pfau

You might see it the other way: - no more bug fixes for 4.3 because it' s stable now, no bugs left, AND no new features planned - no more ressources for 4.3 code means more manpower for fixing v5 As far as I' ve been told Fortinet will now try to (solely) debug and stableize the 5.0 branch and save future feature addons for 5.2. The more effort to this, the sooner we can put v5 into production, and bring the new hardware models to market.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Coldfirex

I am all for the further stabilization of v5 and am really looking forward to running some of the newer features of it. I just think, support wise (no new patches), MR3 should stick around for a bit. In the past has Fortinet been stingy about the OS support dates if you open a ticket and are running technically non-supported (like Mr2 last year)?
TMX1

I tried to upgrade a 310B from build 0179 to this new build 0271 and it can' t boot up because it cant read the previous config file so I had to revert back to 0179 and restore the config file from 0179. Any suggestions?
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

As far as I' ve been told Fortinet will now try to (solely) debug and stableize the 5.0 branch and save future feature addons for 5.2. The more effort to this, the sooner we can put v5 into production, and bring the new hardware models to market.
Agreed and more so on the last part. To add: If you look at family MRs, you will see that 4.3 has had a healthy life and no longer or shorter than most earlier <4.2 families. So it' s time to drop it and move on. 5.x code has been out now for over a 1.5 years or so, so it' s only getting better.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau

@TMX1 What was your upgrade path, i.e. which firmware versions did you upgrade to? Please notice, plural: you certainly cannot upgrade from 5.0.2 b0179 directly to 5.0.6 b271. The steps inbetween are 5.0.2 -> 5.0.3 -> 5.0.4 -> 5.0.6 That is, the only patch release you can leave out is 5.0.5. If you upgrade step by step, the config is converted/adapted correctly.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors