Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGTuser
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.0.5

5.0.5, where are you hiding? Supposed to be released last week...
63 REPLIES 63
ddskier

ORIGINAL: veechee Two comments on FOS 5.0.5: 1. Yet again, Fortinet does not post the .MSI installer for SSL-VPN. I have already opened a ticket with support to give me the file. It is getting very annoying to have to do this each time there is new firmware. 2. As per the release notes, there is now MS Hyper-V hypervisor support. However, I don' t see the installer file on the FTP site as of right now, only the .out file to upgrade an existing installation. I' m happy to see H-V added.
Hyper-V • .out: Download the 64-bit firmware image to upgrade your existing FortiGate VM installation. • .out.hyperv.zip: Download the 64-bit package for a new FortiGate VM installation. This package contains three folders that can be imported by Hyper-V Manager on Hyper-V 2012. It also contains the file fortios.vhd in the Virtual Hard Disks folder that can be manually added to the Hyper-V Manager. I see the out.hyperv.zip...

-DDSkier FCNSA, FCNSP FortiGate 400D, (2) 200D, (12) 100D, (2) 60D

cmberry

5.0.5 installed fine on my 200B. I also pushed a FortiAP firmware to my units via the firewall GUI.
FGTuser
New Contributor III

Upgraded 40C, 100D and 200B. OK so far, IPSec VPN bugs (in 5.0.2/5.0.3) are fixed. Memory utilization on 40C seems to be lower with 5.0.5 (I had several times conserve mode with 5.0.3). But will see later...
SMabille

Fortigate 200D, upgraded from 5.0.4 to 5.0.5 Issue: GUI: The interface history counter (graph) is staying " virtually" empty, seems to only be counting traffic generated by the device, not passing from the switch to the wan interface :(
Bartman

I have the EXACT same issue... not only is the interface graph messed up all of the reported client and app traffic is messed up also. I have a ticket open but the tech is not impressing me so far. I should have added the problem SMabille is reporting is almost zero traffic is reported by interface 1/2 on my device... but trust me people are using the internet... and all of the byte counts on apps, devices, everything.. is all messed up.. only showing KB' s of data when it should be many MB/GB of data FYI update... just got off the phone with support and this is a bug and will be fixed in 5.0.7
brianmac64

ORIGINAL: Bartman I have the EXACT same issue... not only is the interface graph messed up all of the reported client and app traffic is messed up also. I have a ticket open but the tech is not impressing me so far. I should have added the problem SMabille is reporting is almost zero traffic is reported by interface 1/2 on my device... but trust me people are using the internet... and all of the byte counts on apps, devices, everything.. is all messed up.. only showing KB' s of data when it should be many MB/GB of data FYI update... just got off the phone with support and this is a bug and will be fixed in 5.0.7
Same problem here. On my 240D cluster interfaces wan1 and wan2 show practically no traffic, though each is doing on avg 40-60 Mbps. This also effects SNMP.
moo?
moo?
veechee

ddskier, The Hyper-V installer was added on Nov 3rd or 4th. So after I posted that it was missing. The .msi installer for SSL-VPN has also been posted now. Support tells me the group responsible for posting to the FTP is aware of the continual complaints about the .msi not being made available at initial release. Hopefully that means it is releasted at the same time as the .exe files going forward.
ddskier

Yeah, the missing MSI Installer annoys me as well. I have had to open tickets a couple of times to get them to post the MSI.

harald21

Hello, did anyone test if the performance problem with FGT-40 is solved? (http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=99849&p=1&mpage=3&tmode=1&smode=1) Sincerely Harald
FGTuser
New Contributor III

ORIGINAL: harald21 did anyone test if the performance problem with FGT-40 is solved?
Please find my post above...40C is still OK after upgrade to 5.0.5.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors