Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
micahawitt
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.0.4

Any ideas as to when this gets released? Any ideas as to fixes they are proposing?
57 REPLIES 57
pcraponi
Contributor II

which?

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
mhe
Contributor II

Performance can degrade to almost nothing!
mariusg
New Contributor

mhe, are you talking about FortiOS 5.0 Patch 4 Build 0228 ?? Anyone upgraded a 40C to new Build 0228 ?
mhe
Contributor II

yes, don' t upgrade!!
mb0101
New Contributor

I have now tried two different 40Cs on the 5.0.4 upgrade, and both have had the same problem. The performance is hammered, mostly by what I believe to be a VERY chatty LAN port. As soon as the unit reboots under the new version, the traffic lights on the LAN side constantly fast flicker. Traffic gets through but seems to be fighting a lot to do so. My throughput dropped to a tenth of what it is normally. What is irking me is that the support doesn' t seem to be admitting to a problem with it because " my configuration works on their 40C" . Perhaps I have some unusual magnetic field or sunspot activity surrounding mine. Mine is a Fortigate (no embedded Wifi), not a FortiWifi. There really isn' t anything special about the configuration. It is easy to downgrade back to 5.0.3 (which runs fine), so I would love to hear if anyone else sees this problem? If so, can you please share the news here and with the support team?
mariusg
New Contributor

Interesting, can i downgrade my 40c (5,0,4) to FortiOS 4.0 ??
mb0101
New Contributor

ORIGINAL: mariusg Interesting, can i downgrade my 40c (5,0,4) to FortiOS 4.0 ??
Sorry, I don' t have a solid background to advise you on that one. However, I can tell you that I have gone between 5.0.4 and 5.0.3 many times. Are you currently having problems on YOUR 40C on this 5.0.4 version? (I want to confirm I am not the only one suffering.)
mariusg
New Contributor

i dont know with your problem, because i connect to my 40c remotely. I unable to see traffic lights, but i can say that memory usage is abnormally high (picture) There' s my problem - http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=99324&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&language=&tmode=1&smode=1&s=#99942 I Unable to block HTTPS pages
ruanbatista

You can downgrade to FortiOS 4.3.X. Go to Firwmare upgrade page and select " Upgrade From: FortiGuard Network" , mark the option " Allows Firmware Downgrade" .
Information Security Consultant FCNSA Setrix Information Security Skype: ruan_diego
Information Security Consultant FCNSA Setrix Information Security Skype: ruan_diego
ede_pfau

@mariusg There is a firmware image of 4.3.15 for the 40C so you can indeed downgrade. Configuration will most likely be lost when you do this.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors