Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
danko
New Contributor

FortiOS 5.0.2 - cw_acd process

On our Fortigate 110C device from time to time process cw_acd uses 99,9%. Device is primary using as wireless controller. After that we have to reboot device and device is working for 1 or 2 days. Did anyone have problem with that process?

FCNSA, FCNSP

FCNSA, FCNSP
2 REPLIES 2
SAWIN
New Contributor

Hey Danko, We' re experiencing same problem. Every now and then CPU goes to 100% because of cw_acd process. Have you read this one? [link=] https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/96693 [/link] I' m afraid that a Fortinet Support Case is the only way to go if you want to stay on that OS release version. But in our experience those cases can take aloooot of time before solution is in sight. We haven' t reported it yet..

danko
New Contributor

Hi Sawin, I contacted Fortinet support and this was their answer: There is currently bug id 0200603 reported regarding this problem. Unfortunatly there is still no solution for this. I will link this ticket to this bug. Process cw_acd handles communication between Fortigate and APs. There are quite few bug fixes in patch3 regarding high cpu usage caused by this process, so please update to patch3 So after that we upgraded device to patch3 and now the system is stabile.

FCNSA, FCNSP

FCNSA, FCNSP
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors