Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGTuser
New Contributor III

FortiOS 5.0.11 is out

Reading the release notes and known issues, is it worth to upgrade?

e.g 0263428 The IPsec VPN may lose connectivity when connecting to the FortiGate Web-based Manager or SSH

WHAT!?

On the other side, I don't see anything too critical fixed in resolved issues, so perhaps there is some other secret sauce.... 

The question is, if these known issues are in 5.0.10/5.0.9 as well, or 5.0.11 only? So if the upgrade will be improvement in any way or deterioration.

10 REPLIES 10
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a decision you have to take.You can always jump to 5.2 or wait for 5.0.12

If you have no  problems now , or not running into any immediately fix action , than  I would wait a little longer. If any thing comes up major I'm sure FTNT will move the 5.0.12 release up. If you have numerous devices, than run the 5.0.11 on your least impacted site and then sit back and evaluated.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jb_kalm
Contributor

I asked support the same question since we have a ton of L2L tunnels. They said this bug will be fixed in 5.2.3 or 5.0.12. No tentative release date on 5.0.12 as yet. But 5.2.3 should be released around Feb 16, 2015 - Feb 20, 2015. 

Thanks,

jb

FGTuser
New Contributor III

Did you find out if the bug is related to 5.0.11 only, or affecting earlier 5.0.x as well?

5.2.x is IMHO still very far from using in serious production.

BTW. 5.0.11 was released quite early after 5.0.10. One would expect critical fixes, not critical issues . I heard some "rumors" what was fixed, shame that it's not in release notes.

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The forums can be a great place for 'rumours'. A hint might help others. But that's your decision.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
FGTuser
New Contributor III

I like sharing relevant information only, so it depends on probability if the rumor is correct...

Anyway, one thing what I've heard was added to release notes:

0265646 New OpenSSL security advisory update.

jb_kalm
Contributor

Although I didn't ask support about the earlier versions the same bug (0263428) shows up in the 5.0.10 release notes.

But FWIW we are running 5.0.9 at the moment with no issues. 

Thanks,

jb

FGTuser
New Contributor III

Thanks, I didn't check the updated release notes of 5.0.10, my fault.

jb_kalm
Contributor

No worries dude.

Lucascat
New Contributor III

What about 5.0.12??

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors