Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FortiOS 4 build 272

I updated my Fortigate 200A to this firmware 4 build 272 yesterday, and now my Web Filtering and Email Filtering have lost functionality. Has anyone else encountered this? Update 4/29/2010 Working with Fortinet Support on this. I probably jumped too many revisions as the upgrade was from 3.00 build 660. (I am embarrassed by my foolish behavior!)
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

I did, in fact, skip too many revisions, not following the recommended upgrade path. I was able to boot to the old Image on the Firewall, and upgrade incrementally without issue. The recommended upgrade path was as follows: FortiOs 3.0 MR6 Patch 6 Build 0678 to FortiOS 3.0 MR7 Patch 9 Build 0753 to FortiOS 4.0  4.0.3 Build 0106 to FortiOS 4.0 MR1 Build 0196 to FortiOS 4.0 MR2 Build 0272
kckong
New Contributor III

4.0 MR2 is not good for production. It had too much bug. the stable version is 3.0 mp7 patch 9, or 4.0 MR1 build 0196
abelio

ORIGINAL: kckong 4.0 MR2 is not good for production. It had too much bug.
yesterday released patch 1 solved a lot of them; however it was released with the buggy IPS Attack Engine 1.161 version yet; you' ll need to get new engines directly from customer service.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

279 is already out on the FTP ...
saneconsulting
New Contributor

I also found several problems with 4.0MR2 including antispam filtering not functional at all. After upgrade to MR2_P1 the antispam filtering seems to be working again. I' m still having problems with web filtering violations NOT logged under log&report NOR are the violations displayed on the dashboard widget. (however the web filter DOES seem to block restricted sites)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors