Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
walid_shn
New Contributor

FortiNac

Hello All

Can I deploy

a FortiNAC "Subscription Visibility+Control (PLUS) license for 25 concurrent endpoints. MOQ 500" with

FortiNAC "Subscription Visibility (BASE) license for 25 concurrent endpoints. MOQ 500" 

for the same device or I can't combine two licenses.

Cybersecurity Pre-sales
Cybersecurity Pre-sales
1 Solution
ebilcari

You can add both type of licenses (subscription + perpetual) but they have to be on same level Base, Plus or Pro. As I have seen if you mix the license only the higher level will be used. So if a device with Base 100 has also a subscription for Pro 25, the device will work at Pro level (all features enabled) but will allow only 25 Concurrent Licensees.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

No, it's not possible to mix BASE and PLUS licenses for the same FortiNAC instance.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
walid_shn

read this from fortinet

Perpetual + Subscription Licenses: A combination of both Perpetual and Subscription Licenses can be
purchased to apply to the same appliance. The Perpetual license information is read from the license key and
the subscription license pulled from FortiCloud. The two license totals are then added together.

this meaning i can deploy Blus as a perpetual and Pro as a subscription ?

Cybersecurity Pre-sales
Cybersecurity Pre-sales
ebilcari

You can add both type of licenses (subscription + perpetual) but they have to be on same level Base, Plus or Pro. As I have seen if you mix the license only the higher level will be used. So if a device with Base 100 has also a subscription for Pro 25, the device will work at Pro level (all features enabled) but will allow only 25 Concurrent Licensees.

- Emirjon
MarenDawson

Thanks, it solved my issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors