Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Omerrr34
New Contributor

FortiNac Upgrade

Hi,

I ask for your help on the following questions.

Due to the vulnerability on FortiNac, we want to upgrade the device, but there is no information for the recommended version. What is the recommended version? Do we need to upgrade the operating system and the GUI separately? Do we need to upgrade the agents on the devices after the upgrade? Do we need to take backup for VM Backup and non-snapshot VM? Can we lose data on major upgrades?

the FNAC version we use 9.1.7

3 REPLIES 3
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

There is no recommended versions, you may consider the version on which the specific vulnerability you mentioned is fixed. It recommended to to check the known issues/limitations on the target version release notes before upgrading. Other information regarding upgrade can be found on following URL - https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortinac/9.1.0/upgrade-instructions-and-considerations/808595/ove...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

jmike
New Contributor

I have this same question.

I would say there certainly was a recommended version when we deployed FortiNAC here about 10 months ago. I stood up a VM with 9.2 and was told to start over with 9.1.7 as it was recommended because of stability reasons. So the question to start with is if Fortinet is helping with a new deployment which version would be chosen and why. Then let's go from there.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation and insight.

jmike

“No thief, however skilful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.” – L. Frank Baum.
“No thief, however skilful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.” – L. Frank Baum.
Omerrr34
New Contributor

HELLO,

We upgraded to version 9.2.7. They will be able to do this by following the recommended upgrade steps. There were no problems and the upgrade completed successfully. No need to upgrade on clients or devices. VM and GUI upgrade is sufficient. As a suggestion, if the cpu is low, the virtual time cpu will be increased.

For your information

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors