Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BarryGhuman
New Contributor II

FortiNAC to send the Cisco radius Neat attribute

Hi Team, 

I am replacing Cisco ISE with FortiNAC. The Cisco ISE is currently configured to profile the Access Points and send a Cisco Neat attribute. This Neat attribute helps the Cisco switch assign a truck role to the port. 

In FortiNAC, Network Access > "Configuration" - It does not provide any option to send radius attribute only and VLAN ID is mandatory. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/8021x/116681-config-neat-cise-00.html

cisco-avpair = device-traffic-class = Switch

I want to check if FortiNAC has a way to sort this situation. 

Regards, 

Barry Ghuman 

Barinder Ghuman
Barinder Ghuman
1 Solution
ebilcari

The access value field is just a value that can be used if one of the attributes has the pointer %ACCESS_VALUE% configured. If the default is set to None and only this custom attribute is selected, that will be the only attribute that will end up in the Access-Accept:

neat (1).PNG

You can run a packet capture from FNAC CLI to verify the RADIUS responses: 

tcpdump host x.x.x.x and port 1812 -nnv

or if in FNAC version 7.2/4:

execute tcpdump host x.x.x.x and port 1812 -vX

*replace x.x.x.x with the IP of the switch

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BarryGhuman

Hi Ebilcari, 

Thank you for your response!

It is a little tricky to add the customized attributes. I think a knowledge document from your team will be great. 

Regards, 

Barry Ghuman

Barinder Ghuman
Barinder Ghuman
ebilcari

Thank you for your feedback. I can agree that this configuration is not that straight forward :). I was hoping that this article somehow covers also the custom attributes behavior, we can also create a dedicated article for it.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
BarryGhuman

Hi Ebilcari, 

The document talks about "Tunnel-Private-Group-Id". However, the %Access_Value% is the reference value of the attribute and can be used for any attribute. It is not limited to the VLAN attribute. 

Regards, 

Barry Ghuman 

Barinder Ghuman
Barinder Ghuman
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors