Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
erdalsengul
New Contributor

FortiNAC Manually Created Guest User Expiration Date Change

Hello All,

I am using FortiNAC virtual appliance 9.2.2. Where I try to create a guest account manually the FortiNAC does not allow me to give more than 20 days for expiration. I have tried to change via user accounts set expiration time but for guest user it is not available. Did anyone face this problem before and how did you fix it?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello erdalsengul,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello erdalsengul,

Could you please have a look into this document?

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/FortiNAC-Manually-Created-Guest-User-Expiration-Dat...

If you do not find the answer, please let us know and we will continue to look for a solution.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
ebujedo
Staff
Staff

Hi erdalsengul,
In our administrator guide is explained how end date time is calculated.
If this helps, thumbs up are welcome :)

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortinac/9.2.0/administration-guide/634151/create-guest-contracto...

Account End Date

Click the calendar icon to the right to select a date or enter the date and time (using a 24-hour clock format) the account will expire. At that time, the guest or contractor will no longer be able to access the network.

This defaults to the date and time calculated based on the number of hours entered in the Account Duration field in the guest template. If this field is empty, no account duration has been entered in the guest template. Administrators that have an administrator profile with custom guest/contractor account permissions will be restricted to choosing an end date that is within the bounds of the "Create accounts active for days (maximum)" setting as defined in the administrator profile. For example, if your administrator profile has a "Create accounts active for days" set to 20, you will not be able to choose an end date that is more than 20 days ahead of the chosen start date.

This date sets the user expiration date for the guest. The host registered to this guest inherits the setting for registered hosts in Global Aging. When the user expires, both the user and host are removed from the database. If the host expires first, then only the host is removed from the database.

There are two methods that work together for determining the length of time a guest account is active. The shortest duration of the two is the one that is used to remove a guest account from the database.

Account Duration (Hours): Option included in the guest template to limit the time a guest account created with this template remains in the database. If this is blank, the guest account end date is used. The Account Duration starts only when the guest user first logs in. For example, you could create a guest account with a date range that spans one week and if the account duration was 24 hours, they would be able to log in for one 24 hour period any time during that week

Account End Date: Option included on the Add Guest Account dialog to determine the date on which the guest account expires. This field is required when a guest account is created.

Best regards.

Ezequiel

Staff
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors