Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JonasV
New Contributor III

FortiManager v7.0.3 Firmware Templates schedule limitation?

Hi Fortinet community.

I'm running a vm FortiManager v7.0.3

I'm been struggling with scheduled firmware upgrade of our full-stack fortient setup (FortiGate + FortiSwitch + FortiAP)

The issue start, when we have sites where either one or more units may be offline (I.e an offline switch or AP).

When I schedule the upgrade via FMG, I'm not presented with the option to select which switches or APs to upgrade. Hence I can't deselect offline units.

I'm able to do this, If I run the 'upgrade now', but the whole idea for me is to run the upgrade during night when I'm asleep.

The task simply stops.

It runs okay on sites where all units are online.

Anyone experience similar issue, and/or found a solution (other then waking up during the night and run the upgrade on demand).

Kind regards
Kind regards
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonas,

I give you the FortiManager 7.0.3 Release documentation. 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.0.3/release-notes/723553/fortimanager-7-0-3-releas...

Could you please have a look and tell me if you can find the information you were looking for?

Regards,

JonasV
New Contributor III

Hi @Anthony_E ,

Thank you - however I've already look realise note, cookbooks, admin guide and other forums to answer this. Unfortunately non with details.
I've also a TAC ticket running for this issue, I just wanted to hear out the community as well if someone had experienced similar.

Kind regards

Kind regards
Kind regards
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jonas,

Oh ok. Thank you.

Once the TAC will give you an answer, if it is helpful, could you please share it here if you do not mind?

It could help some users :)!

Thanks a lot Jonas for your contribution and do not hesitate to share your questions and information.

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors