Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RogerioF
New Contributor

FortiManager redundant LDAP servers

Hello,

I'm configuring FortiManager LDAP integration with Windows AD DS and I want to specify redundant LDAP servers to authenticate users.

In Remote Authentication Server when I configure an LDAP server in Server Name/IP I define the IP of the LDAP server and the authentication works perfect.

But I want to add another LDAP server for redundancy. So, I define in Advanced Options in the field secondary-server the secondary IP of another LDAP server.

In a scenario the first LDAP server is down, the secondary server never try to establish a TCP connection.

Any ideas of how to configure redundant LDAP servers?

Kind Regards,

Rogério Ferreira.

3 REPLIES 3
mgoswami
Staff
Staff

Hi,

May I know the firmware version of the Fortimanager?

Also, may I know if you want the LDAP server for Fortimanager admin user?

You may add the secondary server by following this path:

System settings >> Admin >> Remote Auth Server >> edit the LDAP server >> Secondary-server

BR,

Manosh

RogerioF

Hello Manosh,

I'm doing some test in lab to deploy in a live solution and the FMG version is 7.0.4.

I want to configure wildcard administrators, and I configure a new administrator for the integration.

And the setup is working perfect with specific Windows groups, that I define in 'Group' in Remote Auth Server.

I have configured a secondary server as you specify but when I put down the interface on the first LDAP server FMG continue to try to resolve the ARP and never send a TCP to the second server.

Thanks for your reply.

Rogério Ferreira.

RogerioF

My problem still happen in FMG 7.2.0 version.

If I replace the IP address on LDAP connection at "Server Name/IP" to the secondary server the user get authenticated correctly and has access to FMG.

Rogério Ferreira.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors