Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mithun89
New Contributor II

FortiManager is not synchronizing the policy & objects, configured locally on Fortigate

Hi all,

I have added Forti 90D firewall with the FortiManager  and initiallly able to sync all policies and objects.

But after adding, when I make a policy/object change locally in the Fortigate, I can see a notification pop-up saying " out of sync". And also provides me the option to retrive/revert the changes. 

When I retrive the changes, I can see that the device configuration status goes to "Synchronized". But Policy package goes to the state "Unknown". Also the policies and objects are not synchronized to the FortiManager. !! :(

Is there any way to fix this out ? Please help to over come this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mithun R

1 REPLY 1
SGalbincea
New Contributor

You will probably have to re-import the configuration, that's what I've had to do previously. All changes should be made from the FortiManager to prevent this from happening.

Best regards,

Steve

STEVE GALBINCEA   |   SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER

LEADERHOUSTON VMWARE USERS GROUP

VCP5-DCV, VSP, VTSP, VMSP, VMTSP, NIOP BEMA Information Technologies

STEVE GALBINCEA | SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER LEADER – HOUSTON VMWARE USERS GROUP VCP5-DCV, VSP, VTSP, VMSP, VMTSP, NIOP BEMA Information Technologies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors