Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vetterous
New Contributor II

FortiManager dynamic objects upon import of FortiGate

I am currently slowly importing FortiGates (6.4.7) into a new FortiManager (7.0.4). I have several HA cluster to move over to the new manager, so it will take several days to complete. My issue is the gates on the old manager are still live and getting policy and group member updates frequently. Since the address groups are also used by the gates that have been migrated to the new manager, if support misses updating both managers, then when I import a new gate, the groups don’t match and the manager wants to make a dynamic group. It’s been since 5.4 since I’ve done a new import into a fresh manager, but I thought the manager used to ask before it created the dynamic group (thought it used to ask if you want the group to be updated from the gate importing, keep the old manager info, or make a dynamic). Is this a setting I’ve missed, or is the only option now to accept the dynamic? If dynamic is the only option, is there a way to combine dynamic groups without typing it out manually?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello vetterous,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello vetterous,

I have found this document:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.0.4/administration-guide/180515/managing-objects-a...

Could you please indicate me if it is helping?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors