Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anttikoskenvoima
New Contributor

FortiManager -- cannot upgrade FortiGate firmware after upgrading to 7.0.5/7.0.6

After upgrading our FortiManager to 7.0.5 (and now to 7.0.6), we are unable to upgrade any FortiGates. Every attempt to upgrade Firmware ends with the status "no valid FMWR license" . The FortiGate upgrade we attempting is e.g. a 40F (and a 60F), from 6.4.11 to 6.4.12.

We have checked the licences, and there are no issues with them. We have tried upgrading from FortiGuard and from a local image. We always end up at "no valid FMWR license" and the update fails.

Updating the FortiGate from its local UI does work without issues

Has anyone else had similar issues? Any tips?

FortiManager 

FortiGate

5 REPLIES 5
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Same issue discussed here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fortinet/comments/ycg0om/fmwr_update_issue_after_upgrade_fmg_705/

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

anttikoskenvoima

Yes, discussed, but the solution does not work.

Marinul

Same issue discussed as in "other people are complaining here". No solution in that thread either.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It just happened to me tonight when I was working on upgrades in bulks. But realized the particular FGT I tried to upgrade but failed has an active UTM/UTP license but it was NOT registered at the support portal. I think I can fix my case by getting a FortiCloud key (it's at a remote customer location and can't ask them to read off the label on the unit easily) from CS team by providing a proof of possession.

Toshi

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

When I asked someone else to re-register this FGT after getting the key from the CS team and he finished that part, he told me he didn't have to enter the cloud key to register. This means this device was dropped at the support site asset page instead we forgot to register when we installed it.

After it's showing up at the site, I was able to upgrade it via FMG without getting "no valid FMWR license". So I would blame the back end communication to verify this device is legit to be upgraded by the FMG. I'm not sure when it disappeared from the asset page though.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors