Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kivoie
New Contributor

FortiManager Replacement Message with FortiGate

Hi,

Maybe I missed this somewhere but I can't seem to find any information about this, so I decided to ask here.

I have been told that it is possible to add custom replacement messages for blocked web pages using FortiManager. I can see the option to toggle https-replacemsg under the Policies & Objects > Security Profiles > Web Filter > profile > Advanced section, but I don't see where I can edit the replacement message. So far, users are able to see the default replacement message when trying to access blocked web pages, but I would like to edit the replacement message to better suit my organization. If anybody can guide me in the right direction that would help me a ton.

I'm using a FortiGate-1500D 6.2 with FortiManager 300E v6.2.7

Regards

- K.

1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

I just had a look nd I cannot find it in the adom settings. 

So I think it can only be set via provisioning template. Add a provisioning template to your adom in FMG Device Manager and then make sure you have not enabled any module in there you don't need because provisionng template will always overwrite the device's ow settings. Then you can set all the replacement pages in there and have them deployad to all your FGT.

I think Fortnet made it this way because replacement pages are part of device config and without provisioning template you would have to configure them for every FGT in your adom separately.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
2 REPLIES 2
sw2090
Honored Contributor

So I think it can only be set via provisioning template. Add a provisioning template to your adom in FMG Device Manager and then make sure you have not enabled any module in there you don't need because provisionng template will always overwrite the device's ow settings. Then you can set all the replacement pages in there and have them deployad to all your FGT.

I think Fortnet made it this way because replacement pages are part of device config and without provisioning template you would have to configure them for every FGT in your adom separately.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
kivoie
New Contributor

sw2090 wrote:

Thank you! That is the exact answer I need! Seems like I didn't look through FortiManager hard enough haha 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors