Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FSMO
New Contributor II

FortiManager Interface View

Hello everyone,

We have recently started using a FortiManager VM (v7.4.3-build2487 240514 (GA)). We use it to manage a Fortigate 400F and of course also create our policies with it. Now to my problem: I have not been able to change the view mode for a few days and am now stuck in ‘By Sequence’ mode, the button for this has disappeared. According to a Fortinet article, the reason for this is that there are two interfaces in From or To - but I have checked each of the rules and there is only 1 interface in From and To in each rule. Do you have any idea how I could correct this?

Kind regards 

Marc

1 Solution
jasonhong
Staff
Staff

Based on my understanding, the Section view will be disabled if one or more policies are using the Any interface, or if one or more policies are configured with multiple source or destination interfaces.

If you have confirmed that there is no policies that are configure with multiple source or destination interfaces, perhaps you can check on whether if there are any policies configure to use the Any interface.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.3/administration-guide/951881/managing-policies

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jasonhong
Staff
Staff

Based on my understanding, the Section view will be disabled if one or more policies are using the Any interface, or if one or more policies are configured with multiple source or destination interfaces.

If you have confirmed that there is no policies that are configure with multiple source or destination interfaces, perhaps you can check on whether if there are any policies configure to use the Any interface.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.3/administration-guide/951881/managing-policies

FSMO
New Contributor II

I've a bunch of policies which are set to any. I'll try to change them - I'm sure this is the problem.

Thanks and have a great day!

Kind regards

Marc

FSMO
New Contributor II

Hey,

I just wanted to get back to you and let you know that this was the solution to my problem. I have adjusted the policies accordingly and now I can use the interface view again

Kind regards

Marc

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors