Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zane_donaldson
New Contributor

FortiManager/FortiGate version conflicts

All,

we recently recieved new Fortigate appliances with FortiOS 6.0 installed.  We were not able to add them into the FortiManager because they are newer than the FortiManager itself.

If I upgrade the FortiManager, will I lose connection to my existing appliances that are running older versions of FortiOS?  

FortiManager Version: v5.6.6-build1750 181002 (GA) 

All of my current appliances: FortiGate 5.6.6,build1630 (GA)

so what is the upgrade path to 6.0 when using FortiManager?

1 Solution
mamuning2017
New Contributor II

Hi there, 

Same questions I have before we upgrade to Fortimanager 6.0.1. 

- We did not lose connections to our devices ( actually no downtime) when we did the upgrade from 5.6.0 t0  6.0.1. our fortigates are 5.6.0, 5.6.2, 5.6.5 and 5.6.6 actually. 

- You can upgrade your present 5.6.6 to 6.0.1 directly, as stated from the Release notes. 

Cheers and have a beer  :) 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mamuning2017
New Contributor II

Hi there, 

Same questions I have before we upgrade to Fortimanager 6.0.1. 

- We did not lose connections to our devices ( actually no downtime) when we did the upgrade from 5.6.0 t0  6.0.1. our fortigates are 5.6.0, 5.6.2, 5.6.5 and 5.6.6 actually. 

- You can upgrade your present 5.6.6 to 6.0.1 directly, as stated from the Release notes. 

Cheers and have a beer  :) 

fsiyoucef
New Contributor

Hi Donalds ; 

Here is a link to the Fortimanager upgrade recommendations path : 

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/6.0.0/upgrade-guide/321010/introduction

it is a good aproche to dedicate an ADOM for your existing Fortigate appliaces ( 5.6.6 ) and create a New ADOM for the New Fortigate appliances ( 6.0 ) . 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors