Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
be_fg
New Contributor II

FortiManager: Firmware Template - FortiGuard Image

Hi,

I'm running a FortiManager in v7.0.2, we have preconfigured "Firmware Templates" to centrally schedule Firmware Upgrades on the managed devices.

Now that the new FortiOS 6.4.8 has been released, we would like to upgrade to this version.
Unfortunately, I have no way to select this FortiGuard image in my corresponding firmware template.

My databases on the Manager look current.

Do you have any tip for me?

Thanks!

ESCHAN_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi be_fg

You can restart the fwmanager using the command "diagnose fwmanager service-restart". You can also check the official firmware image list using the command "diagnose fwmanager official-imagelist". 

However, it appear to be the same with my lab unit, let me try to check internally with our FortiGuard team and get back to you soon. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ESCHAN_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi be_fg

Normally the firmware available for FMG via FortiGuard will be a couple of days late after the official release. So you might want to wait for a couple of days first. For workaround, you can try to download the firmware image and manually upload into FMG.

be_fg
New Contributor II

Hi ESCHAN,

thanks for your reply - so I'll wait some more days.

Just checked the Status within my FortiManager and still got only the 6.4.7 Release available.

New Contributor II

-

New Contributor II

Until now, I still got only v6.4.7 available.
Is there any command with which I can trigger an FortiGuard Update on my FortiManager?
I dont want to use local images, so the devices should download the firmware directly from FortiGuard Servers.

Thanks.

Staff
Staff

Hi be_fg

You can restart the fwmanager using the command "diagnose fwmanager service-restart". You can also check the official firmware image list using the command "diagnose fwmanager official-imagelist". 

However, it appear to be the same with my lab unit, let me try to check internally with our FortiGuard team and get back to you soon. Thanks.

be_fg
New Contributor II

Hi ESCHAN,

"diagnose fwmanager service-restart" fixed it for me, now I'm able to use the 6.4.8 image from FortiGuard-Servers.

Thanks for your help.

Top Kudoed Authors