Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Florian12
New Contributor II

FortiManager - CLI Webfilter Profile acting weird

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to change a webfilter profile on a FortiGate via the FortiManager so it allows access to alcohol and tobacco websites.

Adjusting the settings works without any problems.

Once I install the device settings / policy package on the FortiGate, using the install wizard, however, it just resets the webfilter profile and sets the categories alcohol and tobacco to "block" instead of "monitor" again.

What can be the cause of this? Is there any other way to do this?

FortiManager v7.0.5 GA build0365

FortiGate 7.0.7 GA build0367

Thanks!

1 Solution
Florian12
New Contributor II

I managed to fix it.

I tried changing the webfilter via the "Device Manager" category under the CLI category.

However, it kept getting overwritten as the global webfilter profile (under "Policy & Objects" -> "Object Configurations") said so.

After changing the global webfilter profile and reinstalling the policy, the issue was resolved.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Does your policy package show as syncrhoized between FGT and FMG?

When you go to install it, what does the install preview show? Do you see the config as it should be?

After install are any errors produced on the FMG?

Cheers,
Graham
Florian12
New Contributor II

Hi Graham,

thanks for your answer!

The policy package shows as synchronized.

If I try to install the package without any changes, it simply tells me that everything is already synchronized.

If I do it after adjusting the corresponding webfilter profile it lets me install it and says in the preparation "Total 2/2, Success: 2" (two webfilter profiles). The installation goes through and says that the policy package has been installed successfully. Status below then says "Total 1/2, Success: 1". No errors.

Florian

gfleming

What does the install preview show you?

Cheers,
Graham
Florian12
New Contributor II

I managed to fix it.

I tried changing the webfilter via the "Device Manager" category under the CLI category.

However, it kept getting overwritten as the global webfilter profile (under "Policy & Objects" -> "Object Configurations") said so.

After changing the global webfilter profile and reinstalling the policy, the issue was resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors