Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FSMO
New Contributor

FortiManager-Add device by pre shared key

Hello everyone,

first of all the most important information:
FortiManager Platform type: VM-64
FortiManger version: v7.4.3-build2487 240514 (GA)
FortiGate model: 200F
FortiGate version: v7.2.8 build1639

My scenario:
I want to pre-configure a FortiGate 200F for which I do not yet have a serial number. To do this, I have added the device via "Add Device" => "Add Model Device" and the settings:
"Link Device By" => Pre-shared Key
"Device Model" FortiGate-200F
"Automatically Link to Real Device" => enabled
"Provisioning Templates" => Our Template

Now I have received the FortiGate, switched it on and brought it into the FortiManager network and followed the instructions from Fortinet on how to integrate an FG with a PSK.

The CLI config was as following:
config system central-management

set type fortimanager

set fmg ip address

end

and then
exe central-mgmt register-device fmg-serial-number pre-shared key

My problem:
I assume that the device in the FortiManager is then assigned to the pre-configured device in the FortiGate, but the manager only creates a new device which I would have to reconfigure.

Maybe you can help me find the error in my configuration.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as fast as possible! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Marc

1 Solution
FSMO
New Contributor

I just found it out myself this morning - the first autolink failed and I had to add a new model device, but in the background the fortigate stayed registered. I had to run "execute central-mgmt unregister-device [FMG-SN]" on the fortigate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FSMO
New Contributor

I just found it out myself this morning - the first autolink failed and I had to add a new model device, but in the background the fortigate stayed registered. I had to run "execute central-mgmt unregister-device [FMG-SN]" on the fortigate.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors