Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pwellion2000
New Contributor

FortiManager AWS SDN Connector

Hi There

Currently using FortiManager to manage an estate of 50 or so Gates running version 6.4.5 on all devices.  We are deploying Virtual FGTs in AWS and Azure, which will also be managed by FortiManager.

We are intending to make use of SDN Fabric Connectors to allow dynamic learning of objects for policy creation in both the Public Cloud environments. Can someone confirm if we need to configure the SDN connectors on the FGTs in each cloud environment or whether we only need to configure the SDN connectors on the FortiManager (assume the latter as this is where we create the policies)

Many thanks

1 Solution
paulinster

It'll get pushed to all your FGT within the vdom where you created the sdn object. At least I didn't find a way to restrict to certain fgt, anyway in our case it didn't really matter. Therefore I guess if you want to push to only your cloud FGT, you may want to create a separate vdom in which you could create the snd object and have your cloud FGT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
paulinster
New Contributor III

I did setup the sdn connector on the fortimanager and then it automatically got pushed to the fortigate. Because of the nature of dynamic learning, each fortigate does require to query/fetch informations of the objects you'll use.

pwellion2000

Thanks paulinster. Just to be clear if I set up SDN on FortiManager, does this automatically get pushed to all FortiGates or can you specify just the FortiGates in the Cloud.

paulinster

It'll get pushed to all your FGT within the vdom where you created the sdn object. At least I didn't find a way to restrict to certain fgt, anyway in our case it didn't really matter. Therefore I guess if you want to push to only your cloud FGT, you may want to create a separate vdom in which you could create the snd object and have your cloud FGT

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors