Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
forti_man
New Contributor

FortiMail smtp service goes down

Hi. I am trying to setup FortiMail with loadbalancer. Part of the loadbalancer config is the health monitors. I did smtptest in the fortimail and it' s fine. But when i tried to telnet port 25 of fortimail from a directly connected host its not responding. In the diag sniff, syn packets are arriving at FortiMail. But fortimail is not responding. Any known issues on this?
5 REPLIES 5
pcraponi
Contributor II

Can you see something on Fortimail log? Maybe Fortimail block your LB if they try so many connections. Put the LB IP on a police without protection. Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
forti_man
New Contributor

How do I re-enable fortimail to accept smtp request again? I did a reload/reseat on the fortimail blade but no luck.
pcraponi
Contributor II

You need check if you have a protected domain configured correctly. You don' t need to re-enable the services. Only configure the protected domain, polices and access control. If you miss access controls, you will not be able to connect. If you are in a Black List (so many connection, for example) you will not be able to connect too.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
forti_man
New Contributor

I dont have configured protected domain since I am just doing only outbound antispam for an isp. Weird thing is, I can telnet port 25 of fortimail before. BUt now I cant without any additional config. I tried also another new blade and it works fine for a while. After few minutes it stopped without any additional config.
pcraponi
Contributor II

Open a ticket with TAC. But I think that are Connection Limits... when you miss some configuration, Fortimail apply a default profile

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors