Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
unknown1020
New Contributor III

FortiMail let spam mail through

Friends a question:

I have a Fortimail device, according to the logs it appears that the Fortimail let a SPAM email through.

Reviewing the AntiSpam Profile, it appears that the action selected is "Dafault", my question is what action does the "default" take?

What configurations do you recommend to prevent Fortimail from letting spam emails through?

Screenshot_16.jpg

Screenshot_17.jpg

1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Unknown

The action "Default" is the one you set in the "Default action" field at the top of the AntiSpam profile view. In your case it is UserQuarantime and it is fine, I think it is the recommended once, since you will be able to find any false positive in the FML's quarantine folders.

Now if you have some false negatives (spam mails allowed by FML) then you need some tuning in your AntiSpam profile or Session profile or other, depending on the characteristics of the received spam mails, I mean you may need to analyze them (to see what characterizes them as spam) and compare with your profiles to see why they have been allowed, then you can tune your profiles according to your findings so FML will block them next time.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors