Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Saqib_Zafar
New Contributor

FortiMail Threat mitigation steps.

Hello Everyone, I am concerned about how actually fortimail works means how using what deep inside architecture methods or steps a fortimail looks for a Spam or virus. I am well known about how it will capture a spam using Fortiguard options but i if a threat or virus comes in an e-mail how will fortimail recognise that it is a virus or something like that??? I know it will use some heuristic feature and Forged IP and baeysian filtering and so on but what is the basic architecture of a fortimail packet capturing. I have to present Fortimail in comparison with other products so rather than defining features i would like to know the key to how a fortimail scans a packet using what algorithms and methods. Because these features are in Mcafee, Proof Point and so on but tell me some points about how good Fortimail scans using what algo against other products. I will be thankfull to all of you who will answer me.
20 REPLIES 20
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

There's no such thing as a best. The score is set by the  intelligence and gathering of the sender. The more traffic that a send sender send can create a  "good" increases your reputation.  Without traffic we can't truly base or set a "reputation".

This post my help to understand AS scoring.

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=116603

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors