Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cajuntank
Contributor II

FortiMail Policy ID inquiry?

Still learning all of particulars about this product. My inquiry is about the Policy ID when viewing the log details of a message. I have had to sort through the message log chain on several occasions now and am trying to discern the Policy ID it reports and trying not to assume the logic that makes sense to me.

So if my log detail reports the Policy ID of 3:1:1:SYSTEM, does this mean it processed through Access Control ID3, then IP Policy ID1, then Recipient Policy ID1 with the default system domain? Or did I completely butcher that logic...lol

Thanks.

1 Solution
Skytech1
New Contributor III

Yeah...that's right the first number is Access Control, the second is IP Policy and the third is Recipient Policy ID (this one depends on the domain name, if you have policies per domain)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Skytech1
New Contributor III

Yeah...that's right the first number is Access Control, the second is IP Policy and the third is Recipient Policy ID (this one depends on the domain name, if you have policies per domain)

Cajuntank

Ok, thanks. That logic seemed to make sense, but I just need some confirmation as I did not want to assume. Thanks again.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors