Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
R_F
Contributor

FortiMail DKIM

Dear Folks.

I have an ongoing FortiMail POC. Please see attached image for reference.

So far with the proposed topology all inbound emails are now passing and filtered by FortiMail and handover those cleaned emails to Zimbra.

Outbound email traffic is sent directly to the Internet due to Zimbra has its own DKIM configuration.

Since Zimbra Email Server is the one holding the DKIM configuration and I want all outbound emails would be subject to FortiMail inspection. Do I need to offload the DKIM configuration from Zimbra and configure DKIM inside FortiMail?

Is there any issue if DKIM is still on Zimbra and Outbound emails will be forwarded to FortiMail?

Appreciate any word of advice for this setup. thank you in advance.

FML Zimbra.jpg

1 Solution
aaborehab
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

There should not be any issues or impact if you decided to leave the DKIM keys on Zimbra side. FortiMail will inspect the emails from Zimbra and forward it to the internet with zimbra's DKIM signature. 

regards, 

Ahmed 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
aaborehab
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

There should not be any issues or impact if you decided to leave the DKIM keys on Zimbra side. FortiMail will inspect the emails from Zimbra and forward it to the internet with zimbra's DKIM signature. 

regards, 

Ahmed 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors