Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dev82
New Contributor

FortiLink over Physical ports

What is the recommended setup for establishing a FortiLink connection between two FortiSwitches and two Fortigates in a high availability (HA -600E) setup ?

Network Diagram.JPG

• ISP 1 connects to Fortiswitch 1 and ISP 2 connects to Fortiswitch 2, both Fortiswitches are standalone switches. (No MCLAG between switches)

• FGT Port 1 connects to Fortiswitch 1 and FGT Port 2 connects to Fortiswitch 2.

• Created vlan interfaces for each ISPs(ISP 1 - Vlan 10 & ISP 2 - Vlan 20)

How do I add Fortilink between Fortiswitch and Fortigate ? 

4 REPLIES 4
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I think here is what you need.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.4.2/fortilink-guide/801202/single-fortigate-unit-ma...

The example on the document is for standalone FG but I think should be applicable to FG A-P HA as well.

AEK
AEK
Dev82
New Contributor

@AEK, Both FGTs(600E) have aggregate bandwidth of 1G, Fortinet don't recommend Fortlink on hardware switch according to the above link(except can be used as alternative for high availability to use with entry level FGT models)

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Dev82,

You can add port1 and port2 to an aggregate interface and enable fortilink on that interface. "fortilink-split-interface" should be enabled. FortiSwitches should be connected to each other for ISL. 

config system interface 

edit <> 

set fortilink enable

end 

You can also use a hardware switch: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiswitch/7.0.8/devices-managed-by-fortios/801187/ha-mode-forti...

Regards, 

Dev82
New Contributor

@hbac Fortiswitches have not connected directly, both ports from switches need to enabled(unable to enable fortilink-split-interface) since FGT use both ISP links as the SDWAN member interfaces. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors