Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mgoral
New Contributor

FortiGuard not connecting

Hi all,

I configured Web filter profile to use FortiGuard category. Everything was fine, but next day Fortigate block all web pages and display this information (in attachement). I hear that if Fortigate lost connection with FortiGuard, by default he is blocking all pages in policy where was this webfilter profile. Do you know is this true? If yes, is there any way to override this? I read about override in Web Filter, but it's not what I am looking for, I mean about some dynamic override which will be apply when the Fortigate lost connection with Forti Guard.

1 Solution
drak
New Contributor III

That's correct, if there's a failure in communication with FortiGuard the default behaviour would be to block traffic associated to that Web Filter profile (a fail-close approach).

You can change this at Security Profiles, Web Filter, Profiles, <Profile Name>, Activate option "Allow Websites When a Rating Error Occurs".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
drak
New Contributor III

That's correct, if there's a failure in communication with FortiGuard the default behaviour would be to block traffic associated to that Web Filter profile (a fail-close approach).

You can change this at Security Profiles, Web Filter, Profiles, <Profile Name>, Activate option "Allow Websites When a Rating Error Occurs".

mgoral
New Contributor

Thank you for help :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors