Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SeakleangHeng
New Contributor

FortiGate30D Wan Port

I have fortiGate 30D that have 5 ports (1WAN and 4 LAN ports). now i have two ISP, can i use LAN port to connect to ISP link as WAN port. because in fortigate 30D, it has WAN Link Load Balancing.

Thank in advanced

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes but you  have to undo the switch lan association

e.g

config sys global

set internal-switch-mode interface

end

So lan ports1-4 wll be individual interfaces. The catch tho you need to remove all dependencies to the lan interface.

Also you have alternatives such as placing a switch between WAN1 and the 2 uplinks and tag one of the or both of the uplink providers.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes but you  have to undo the switch lan association

e.g

config sys global

set internal-switch-mode interface

end

So lan ports1-4 wll be individual interfaces. The catch tho you need to remove all dependencies to the lan interface.

Also you have alternatives such as placing a switch between WAN1 and the 2 uplinks and tag one of the or both of the uplink providers.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
scuba1900
New Contributor

I have the  same  question , did  anyone  answer with  reply  ?  On a separate  note  ,  how  do you  create a  new  post  ?  I am new  here 

ede_pfau

@scuba1900:

@emnoc has already answered the question 4 weeks ago. Split the internal switch (ports1-4) into individual ports and then you can use any port for any purpose. Even WAN load balancing.

Apparently, you already managed to post a reply to an existing thread here. For a new thread (not: post), select the "Reply to post" button on the top and click the down arrow at it's side. Select "Add new thread".

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors